Monday, November 29, 2010

We need to let her pick our lottery numbers!

Morning all! Hope you and yours are staying warm on this blustery, chilly day!


In case you`re cold I`ll put a fresh pot on. How did everyone`s holiday weekend go? Busy for all of us I`m sure. We had a sweet 16 birthday party for my niece over the weekend, happy birthday Trisha! Aside from partying, eating and cleaning up after pets that thought my home was Delta House (See entry below) we butchered a couple of goats to add to the freezer.

Speaking of things to add to the freezer, today was the first day of rifle deer season here in PA. Both Mister and Miss Yodeling were up and at it at 5 this morning. They bundled up as thickly as possible since we had a staggering 22 degrees on the back porch! Both hubby and I have concluded that our daughter is one of the luckiest people we know. Her first time out back in the spring she bagged this massive triple-bearded gobbler.



Today a little after 8 she bagged this impressive 8 point buck!



Sitting beside her dad in a treestand they tell me he walked out and presented her a perfect shot at about 50 yards.



I may run her down to the Dandy Mart and have her pick 6 for her old Ma!

9 comments:

John Gray jgsheffield@hotmail.com said...

that camoflague outfit is bloody PRICELESS!

Feral Female said...

Isn`t that the best!? It`s called Leafy Wear and you surely do blend in when you have it on!

Brenda said...

Congratulations, Miss Yodeling!

Leigh said...

That isn't luck but Mad Skills! Congrats Miss Yodeling!

small farm girl said...

Wow! That is really great! I beleive I would have her picking a lottery ticket too. lol

phylliso said...

Wow,she IS lucky! What a beautiful bird!She does blend in well,have to show my dh her get-up,she just looks like the brush.
Nice buck too!phyllis

Nezzy said...

Love her camo outfit...now that's a true fashion statement but it seem to work for her. Heeeehehehe!

Let me know if ya win...I'll let her pick some numbers for me too!!!

God bless and enjoy your day! :o)

~Tonia said...

WoooHooo Go get a ticket!!lol

Feral Female said...

Seriously, right?! I wish I had that kind of luck!