Monday, November 1, 2010

Things a Jack-O-Lantern has to live through

Morning everyone! I hope y`all didn`t snack on TOO much of that Halloween candy!


Our spooky weekend was so crammed I didn`t even have time to pen a sunday night wrap-up, so we`ll just call this one a monday morning wrap-up. More time to sip our coffee in the morning anyway right? Friday night we went over to watch our varsity team play thier homecoming game.

It was so darn cold! Mister and I were like two frozen goatherder popsicles sitting beside that field! Sadly our boys lost. It`s been a rough year for the team to say the least. One more home game this Friday, then the season is over. I`m sure we`ll be there despite the arctic winds. Why we`ll be there is explained down a paragraph.

Saturday was spent getting Miss Yodeling and her attire ready for the homecoming dance. Now I do have a very nice picture of her and her new beau but I am forbidden to post it anywhere on the internet. *Sighs deeply* He is a very cute boy I will say that. Clean cut and polite. Also one of only two freshman on the varsity team. Uh-huh, that`s why it was so imperative we go to all the home games! I`ll keep working on her for permission to post the homecoming dance snapshot.

Miss had a wonderful time and now it seems has her first boyfriend. Oh the ride home from the dance was quite something! I`m still not sure her father has accepted the fact that his baby girl has a boyfriend. Although the lad`s love of hunting, trapping and fishing may help him a bit! Poor dad. I think it may be harder for dad`s than it is for mom`s sometimes.

Yesterday we spent all day cleaning barns and getting hay brought up for the goats and steers. Since we live so far off the beaten path we don`t get too many trick-or-treaters-actually we don`t get any. But we still carve a pumpkin anyway! This year our poor jack-o-lantern had two shocks to live through!One was this hiding inside him....



As if a yellow kitten belly warmer isn`t bad enough, then the poor thing had to endure this on his head this morning....



Yup, another dusting of snow. Poor old Jack, the things a carved pumpkin has to endure I tell ya.



So how was everyone`s Halloween weekend??

13 comments:

Hound Girl said...

Yall are so lucky to have cool weather... we are still sweating down here in Texas! Ahhh first boyfriend and dances... ahh to be young again :)

That pumpkin looks big!! I love the kittie in it!

Melodie said...

I would love to have some of that cool weather too, being another Texas gal! I am thinking maybe I have a kitten in my head too...it would explain a lot,lol!

Millie said...

Oh, I would eat him!!!

Brenda said...

Jack is a very cute pumpkin and has had an interesting life as a jack-o-lantern. Love the photo of the kitten in his head.

Little girls do grow up too fast. But, sounds like she's having fun.

Leigh said...

LOL! Tell your daughter that I am 27 married with two babes and my pops still hasn't let go!

Awe, adorable little kitty hiding out in your pumpkin. I am sure he didn't mind letting your little guy play in there a bit. :)

Kristine said...

Love the pumpkin. He looks so jolly. Who wouldn't want to cuddle with such a cute cat?

It is much harder for fathers, I think, because they feel like they are being replaced as the number 1 man in their daughter's life. It isn't true, of course, but I think it's a little sweet fathers can get so sensitive about such things.

Happy Halloween!

Verde Farm said...

Oh my goodness, what a fun post. I bet your daughter is experiencing that glow of first romance. How fun. I do agree, Dad's take it badly with their little girls. The jack-o-lanter is too cute. Poor fella, having to live with the cat inside and then SNOW. Ouch! Rough weekend for him :)
Amy

houndstooth said...

I'm surprised Mr. Yodeling has handled it at all! That must be pretty tough on dear old dad!

I figured you'd get one of those Marvel pumpkin carving kits and have a Wolverine or Iron Man pumpkin.

Sharon said...

Cute pumpkin, especially with a belly warmer!

Daddy's can still remember what was going on in their own hormone riddled brain at that age. It is hard to think that and remember also that darling toddler holding up her arms for her Daddy. I wouldn't want to be a man for nothing!

small farm girl said...

Wow! You have snow! brrrrr! We are suppose to be getting our first one this weekend. I shouldn't complain, we have had a great fall.

I think it's harder on the father too. They still think of them as their little girls.

Texan said...

ah ha I am in! Finally!

We do not get trick or treaters either. But I still just love Halloween!

Jack probably enjoyed having a furry friend in his head to help keep him warm! Snow already! brrr... I may not like 107 degrees, but this Texas girl is more of a hot weather gal than cold.

Michele Stefanides said...

Cute kitty! The only moment I cried at my daughter's wedding was when my husband handed her over to her groom. My heart broke for Daddy. It was the hardest thing he's ever done, poor fella. It's different for moms--we can still be the most, or almost, important woman in our daughters' lives, but dads get replaced by boyfriends and husbands as the number one male. And I know that when my boys have serious girlfriends, I will be the one being replaced as number one woman in their lives. Such is the way of the world...

Feral Female said...

Glad to see you got in Texan!

Houndy if I could have found a Marvel pumpkin carving kit you know I`d of had Ironman on that big old pumpkin!

I think y`all are right, it is harder for dads to see thier little girls grow up. He`s been doing pretty well all things considered. I think it was just a shock for him, but see, I knew what was cooking just by listening to her talk about the young man. Maybe he just didn`t want to absorb the fact that his baby girl had another fella in line to replace him. Not that anyone can replace your dad!