Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Rude Awakenings/ Life with Feral

Happy Wednesday gang! Have a sit-down and a cup of java!


You know I`ve been slugging through the mornings now for neigh onto 50 years, and I haven`t quite found anything that can make my brain work quite as well as coffee. It is, as we all know, the cure for early morning zombieitis. I love my coffee and it loves me! *Hugs Nubian coffeemug tightly*

All that java love aside though I did finally find the one thing that will wake you up faster than a pot of Folgers! Oh yes my friends, just this morning this discovery came and I now shall pass along the how-for to y`all, my bloggin` buddies! I`ll set it up just a bit though so you have a good grasp of the situation.

Over the past two weeks our temps have been pretty consistantly below freezing in the morning. Today it wasn`t but we`re in the middle of a rainy system that has winds strong enough to blow a goose across the yard! Since freezing temps means no hoses up to the bird coops my hubby, dear and thoughtful man that he is, filled up numerous buckets of water for me and lugged them all up the hill. I know, that was very nice of him wasn`t it? I thanked him warmly for that since I wouldn`t have to lug 2 five gallon buckets up the hill due to his gesture. My lower lumbar also thanks Mister most graciously!

This morning at 6 AM Feral sets out to do the chores. I trundle up the hill and let the ducks out and give them thier breakfast, then I mosey to the goose coop and let the barnyard Mafia out to strong arm the ducks. Over I schlep to the chicken coop. Schlepping is how I move in the morning even after two cup of my beloved brew. There sitting atop the chicken pen is my hubby`s thoughtful gifts-nice, full buckets of water. I smiled and once again reflected on what a good man he is. Then I reached up to grab a bucket of water.

I came to the realization quickly that my Hobbit height may be a problem as I struggled to tug the bucket forward. Mister is 6 foot and I am Frodo-foot. Can you see where this is going my friends? Ah yes, I tug since I can`t lift and the bucket catches on the roofing and five gallons of very, very, very cold water cascade down over my head, into my jacket and down between the valley of my bosom.







Coffee is wondrous but ice cold water on your boobs at 6 AM is a guaranteed waker-upper!

14 comments:

Michele Stefanides said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH is all I can say.

Hound Girl said...

Oh you poor thing, but your right nothing will wake you up like cold water!!!
We are serious coffee lovers over here too... ahhhhhhh.
Mister was very sweet to help you even if you poured it all on ya :)
stay warm!!

Leigh said...

O wow! I mean O WOW! ROTFL! Im soooo sorry but thats hysterical!

Melodie said...

heheh..I am ..hehe... sorry ...I am trying not to laugh..hehehe..but I can't help it..hehe....

taylorgirl6 said...

You are such a brave soul to share such clumsy misery. And now I don't feel nearly so clumsy myself!

Nezzy said...

Now if that won't put some frost on the grand tea-tons!!! Burrrr....makes my timbers shiver just thinkin' about it!

That's one heck-of-a'way to say good mornin' world! Heeehehehe!!!

God bless and have a marvelously blessed day sweetie!!!

Brenda said...

**chuckle ** Your situation gives me shivers just thinking about it. But, I can't keep from laughing ..... sorry! Yep, I'm sure you were awake and everyone else within ear shot too!

Yoda & Brutus said...

BOL!!! Goodness, we don't think we will try that method to wake up anytime soon!!

Pugs & Kisses,

Yoda & Brutus

Millie said...

I think that would give me a good chuckle!

small farm girl said...

I do believe it would wake me up too!

houndstooth said...

Oh, sweet heaven! I am so glad that it wasn't me! I'd have wrung the poor man's neck!

Feral Female said...

I`ll admit I laughed at myself but only after I could catch my breath! =)

Verde Farm said...

Oh my gosh, I hate to say it but I really laughed out loud reading this. I bet you screamed? That is a wake-up call for sure. I am so sorry but thanks for sharing it :)
Amy

Willard said...

Nothing to wake you up like a cold bucket of water! I know what you mean about the coffee too. I don't drink it but have to have some caffeine to get going in the mornings. Unfortunately I am addicted to diet mt. dew and drink inordinately large quantities of it. (It seems that one drink calls for another, then another, and another)