Saturday, October 23, 2010

You have to be suspicous......

…...when they come home with ‘That Look’ on their face.


Now seriously gang I haven`t lived this long and not learned a thing or two, so when Mister Yodeling came in yesterday with that look, I knew something was afoot.

I was sipping some coffee when he entered after bringing up a round bale for the steers.

“I found something and I want you to come out and hold it,” he said.

Yeah. Uh-huh. Right ran through my mind as he looked down at me SO innocently.

“What did you find?” I asked. Seemed like a logical question to toss out before I agreed to hold anything.

“I`m not telling you, just come out and hold it.”

Yeah. Uh-huh. Right I thought again and placed my mug to the counter.

“I don`t think so,” I said.

Lord only knows what he could have brought home. I do not agree to hold anything without knowing beforehand what it is. Trust me, with this man you have to be on your toes.

“It`s nothing dead,” he assured me.

I tried to peek outside to see what it was but it was now in the back of my truck, and being Hobbit sized ruled out peeking it seemed. I muttered under my breath and turned to look at him with suspicion.

“I swear it`s really cool! Just come hold it, I want to take your picture with it for your blog.”

Yeah. Uh-huh. Right I thought as I resolutely pattered out behind him with the digital. Now bear in mind his cool and my cool are sometimes galaxies apart. Once we got beside the Chevy and he lifted it out I drew back like he had tugged a Tasmanian devil out of the pick-up trucks bed.

“Have you ever seen one this big?” Mister asked with boyish enthusiasm.

“Nope, never have. You can put it away now,” I mumbled eying it with distaste and a goodly amount of fear.

Why, I thought with feminine reasoning, would he bring THAT home?!

“No, I want you to hold it so I can take your picture,” the man insisted and shoved it at me.

A small scuffle ensued which only ended with me promising to hold it if he held it as well. I voiced my concern that what was inside could come out if I held it. He assured me that it was very safe to hold and nothing bad would happen. As if I haven`t ever heard THAT before from a man! Finally, and after a great deal of female distaste and masculine pleading, I held the damn thing. Two quick pictures were snapped and I felt creepy-crawly for the rest of the evening. So here are the pictures of me holding it as well as hubby.









We won`t go into the tirade that occurred when he told me he found one of the inhabitants crawling around after the picture taking!

12 comments:

~Tonia said...

Oooohh I dont like phrases like that either! Especially with a really innocent look! Glad the inhabitants either didnt come out OR they werent home.. Or you both would have been in a world of hurt!

Feral Female said...

Yeah, it`s that innocent look that makes me worry every time!

Sharon said...

Good Grief! You're right, his cool is way off from MY cool, anyway. Yikes!

Brenda said...

Oh My! I hope they really have moved out of that one. If they're only snoozing, you may find the waking up when the weather gets warm enough. I have to admit though ... I think it's pretty cool. I had one like it hanging in my house a long time ago. But, we made sure the residents were long gone before bringing it inside. It's pretty amazing that they make the delicate paper-like fiber to build their home.

Rina ... also Chester or Daisysmum. said...

What a funny post ... what ever that is looks like it home to something wasps,bees??? we don't have that in Australia.
Have a great weekend.

houndstooth said...

*snort* Mr. Taleteller would have been wearing that on his head if he'd tried to get me to hold it!

small farm girl said...

Burn it!!!!They hibernate in those things!!!

Feral Female said...

Ha! I could almost picture Mr. Taletellere with that big ole nest on his head Houndy!

Pumpkinpuddy said...

You're very brave holding that thing. You couldn't pay Mom enough to touch that thing. MOL!

Texan said...

Funny!! and by the way your humor is so good.. Your comment you left on my blog made me laugh so loud my DH hollered to the office whats so funny LOL...

So okay I give up, what is that thing anyway?

Leigh said...

LOL!!!! Thats hysterical!

I think that I would have felt better if he said "dont worry its dead"- lol

Your such a good sport!

Willard said...

A great story. I have bumped nests like that while mowing along the edge of a fields and they were inhabited. Quite an adventure getting away from them.