Sunday, October 24, 2010

Sunday Night Lowdown

Evening gang, come on in and have a cup of decaf!



How has your weekend been? Things were actually pretty quiet here on the hillside farm…well aside from the big stinging insect nest incident that is. Saturday Mister and Miss went hunting in the evening but returned home empty handed. I had a nice visit with my sister-in-law and her hubby and did the usual umpteen loads of wash. That about wraps up Saturday!

Today was a gray day mostly. I did some fiction writing in the morning then we ran to Wal-Mart after lunch. Mister needed more doe urine (Yeah, it`s a hunter thing best not to dwell upon it friends) and Miss wanted some bangles to wear to the homecoming dance. We forgot the bling I guess! My big purchase was a real find. Blazing Saddles in the five dollar bin?? SOLD!! I just love Mel Brooks films and have played my copy of Young Frankenstein over and over.

We did have this interesting bit of action today. This is almost like time-lapse photography of goose pumpkin carving.


Ten AM





Four PM







Please do note the pumpkin nibblers giving me the evil goose-eye as I snapped the picture. I wager there won`t be a thing left come tomorrow once the chickens are allowed to get near the carcass. Now I`m off to catch up on my buddies blogs then do some virtual farming on Facebook, since having a real farm apparently isn`t enough to tend to!


What`s been keeping you all busy?

7 comments:

Sharon said...

Happy Sunday! Blogs are a bit slow today, I have been doing some looking on fb too. Watching Braveheart - hachacha! Oh - the goose evil eye, I remember it well, LOL! Pretty gray here too, no rain though.

houndstooth said...

If you go out and retrieve that pumpkin carcass now, you'll have a pretty entertaining mask to wear for Halloween! We did some hiking, enjoyed a bit of time out and about and took things easy today.

taylorgirl6 said...

My chickens have submitted a letter requesting that all future pumpkins be cooked. You spoil 'em once and they never forget.

Nezzy said...

Virtual farmin' girl...you're just too funny!

Is that anything like my donkeys lovin' watermellon??? Heeehehe!

God bless ya and have the most incredible week sweetie!!!

small farm girl said...

Wow! You found Blazing Saddles for $5?!!!! What a find!!! One of my favorites. Classic. Funny! I need not go on. Watch it once for me.

Millie said...

We can hardly wait for the human to bring us some pumpkins. They are so tasty!

Feral Female said...

I did watch it just last night SFG! And laughed just as hard as I did the other 84 times I saw it. =)

Welcome to Laughing Duck Farm! Hope you enjoy the java and the silliness around this farm!