Saturday, September 25, 2010

I have a question.....

One that has been plaguing me for quite some time now. Since I`m up to my elbows in wash today....






....this query has yet again come to the front of my mind. It has even nudged aside my thoughts on other things such as-Is the coffee ready? Why do my roosters seem to never sleep? Can I talk Mister Yodeling into stopping at Wal-Mart on Tuesday to pick up Ironman 2 on DVD?

My question is this-


How is it possible for one teen-age girl to wear twice as many clothes as her two parents combined?

Does anyone know how this is achieved?? Do they wear two sets of clothes, one on top of the other? Are they actually twins and someone at the hospital forgot to inform me? Is she taking in wash on the side and forgetting to cut me my half? Did she finally discover how to clone herself? And if she has a clone why isn`t this clone doing her laundry?


If anyone has a rational explanation for this please do let me know. I`ll just be over at the washer sipping a cup of coffee and pondering deeply.

7 comments:

~Tonia said...

When you have the answer let me know... I have 3 teen girls as of this Tuesday(youngest 2 will be 13) and I am amazed at the amount of laundry... But They do most of the laundry here. Sure I end up with some funny colored clothes sometimes but all in all they do a pretty good job! But still they produce a lot of laundry.. Also I am convinced and NO ONE can convince me other wise that Laundry reproduces when you throw it all in the basket together... Its just the natural course of things you throw things together like that they are gonna have issues like rapid reproduction..

small farm girl said...

I could only imagine. Never mind, I don't want to. lol

Carol............. said...

Have not a clue.....was stuck with the same! LOL

Beaglebratz & mom too said...

Mom Beaglebratz here - Thank you for stopping by our blog and for becoming a follower. Team Beaglebratz is your newest follower - from what I've read so far, I think we will like it here.

By the way, I do have an answer to your question. I have never had any human children - my dogs are my kids but I have many friends and some family with both boys and girls - also majored in social work/minor in psych in college - both book learning and intern so think I have this figured out. Plus, I was that age a while ago (long time ago). Actually, the answer is in the same sentence in which you asked the question - the answer is the girl is a teenage. It is truly amazing what teenagers are capable of - you just never know and they always surprise you just when you think you have them figured out. Boys can be the same way and sometimes they may continue this into their early 20's which is what my sis is dealing with now.

As for me, I have my hands full just raising my 2 Beagles, Shiloh'n Shasta. Just like teenagers grow into adults - these 2 are now a bit older but the surprises never end.

Brenda said...

I think Tonia has a possible answer ... laundry basket item reproduction. Maybe teenager clothes have the same problem with overactive hormones as the teenagers ??? Just a thought....

Feral Female said...

Ya know Tonia I think you may have hit the nail on the head! Makes perfect sense to me now that I think about it.

Sharon said...

Years ago, when I had my four, I would wash and wash and wash, endless piles of dirty clothes. The kids all slept upstairs and the laundry area was at the bottom of the stairs. One day, I found a shirt, still neatly folded - at the bottom step - with a shoe print.
I introduced them all to the washing machine. I think the youngest was 10.