Thursday, August 26, 2010

Worrying about # 3

Now I know some of you are wondering what kind of new Monkism Feral has developed.


There are quite a few things to worry about true, and most of those really shouldn`t reflect on the number three. But let me explain before you all begin to back away slowly. Around these parts, and maybe your parts as well, we have a saying that bad things come in three`s. Last week of course our neighbor passed. That`s one.

This picture details number two, which came yesterday.




Yes that is a rather odd place for one to find a chest freezer I agree. Seems sometime over the past 4 days our freezer decided to toss in its chips in the great poker game of appliance life. We had not a clue until I opened the lid yesterday to take out some ground meat for dinner.

Oy, what a mess! Mister hauled over sixty pounds of home-grown poultry, wild turkey, venison, bacon and ground chevron to the woods. The bears and coyote`s thank us I`m sure. All of last years silver queen was fed to the chickens. I won`t even go into the four inches of warm blood in the bottom we had to clean out. Suffice it to say I know where to find our dogs now. They`ll be out licking the grass in our backyard. That was number two.



So don`t mind me sitting here sipping coffee and nervously looking about. I`m just waiting for number three.

14 comments:

Hound Girl said...

I am so sorry about the "3 curse" but your right it normally happens that way so maybe #3 will not be too bad.

Thats horrible about the freezer - that happened to me with my garage fridge - ughhh the blood - I so feel your pain!! Hang in there!!

Sharon said...

You poor thing! We had the same problem last year, somebody shut off the breaker and forgot to turn it back on again. OH! My steaks, my ice cream, my blackberries! One full freezer had become half a freezer of stinky soup. I really had a hard time getting the smell out, I thought we were going to have to throw the freezer away. (Luckily DH emptied it out, no way could my stomach handle that)
Yep, comes in threes, now to wait for the other shoe to fall!

Cat with a Garden said...

Hopefully #3 won't be as bad as the first two. All paws crossed here for you!
Purrs, Siena & Chilli

Goats said...

I've had days like that sometimes 4 & 5
I just found your blog and I also raise goats laughed so hard when I seen your graphic about reading upside down, which just happenned to me :) The bucks got the best of me :) Where did you find that? Love it!
http://www.goatfarmblog.blogspot.com

taylorgirl6 said...

Maybe there's a way to offer up a sacrifice for #3...

Flat Creek Farm said...

So sorry! Been there, done that, and it ain't pretty. Hope #3 does NOT happen! -Tammy

Texan said...

so sorry about your loss, both your neighbor and the freezer stuff...

I have given up on the freezer... yes I have a perfectly good freezer sitting unused in my garage... you see our electicity goes out on a regular basis here!!! I lost a couple freezer fulls and said okay that is it!!... yes we do have a generator now but still.. what if I am not here...so yep gave up on the freezer...grrr

Hope you don't get a three!

Brenda said...

Maybe you can break the tradition and #3 will skip you this time. Cleaning a thawed out freezer is one of the worst jobs I can think of. I can still remember the smell. Yuck!

houndstooth said...

Yeah, they do usually come in threes! Good luck! Hopefully number three isn't so bad.

Leigh said...

How awful!? We have had a several close calls with our extra freeze which is located in the garage (flipped breaker), we caught it in time...but then just a few weeks ago my brother grabbed some venison to take home with him and left the door ajar in 100 degree weather. All the hard work of raising our butcher hogs and all that venison down the drain. :( I feel your pain.

~Tonia said...

Oh no!! If it smells to bad pour some vinegar in the bottom and let it set. My freezer downstairs got left open. Thankfully its not full but it was still a seriously stinky mess!

Feral Female said...

So far so good, # 3 hasn`t arrived so I`ll just be extra careful on my way to town.

A bit welcome to Village Haven Farms! I found that on the web somewhere but if you wish to use it please do. I`ve been there a time or two myself...on my back looking up at a buck!

Nezzy said...

Oh honey, third time's a charm! I'm so sorry about the loss of the contents though. Bummer!

God bless and have a fantastic Friday sweetie and enjoy that #3!!! :o)

Jabacue said...

Yikes! I hope you got through the day without anything else happening!
Yes, here in Eastern Canada that saying is alive and well.
I wonder how accurate it usually is?
But what a waste! Too bad.
Jim