Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Rural Ramblings-6/2

I can hardly believe the month of May is gone already. It was a busy month for us. Mister Yodeling had the first two weeks off for vacation and turkey hunting, then the foundry had a mass of down days, so he ended up working 3 days the entire month of May. I heard not one complaint from the man!

Since turkey season if now closed we took a ride yesterday to retrieve our pop-up blind and enjoy the last day off we had. I thought I`d pass along some of the sights.

My first fawn sighting of this year!






It`s not the size of the salamander in the fight, it`s the size of the fight in the salamander! (Yup, that is a penny!)





What were just little fluffballs a couple of weeks ago are now nearly half the size of thier parents. It`s amazing how quickly waterfowl grow!







I`m not sure what kind of bug this is but I just liked the image of him resting on the fern.






Hope you enjoyed the ramble through the country!

8 comments:

Barbara said...

It truly is amazing how fast fowl grow. Great pictures! The salamander is amazing.

Leigh said...

Great pictures. Thanks for the walk through the country! ;)

Sharon said...

Nice ramblings, great pictures - that's a tiny salamander for sure!

houndstooth said...

That little salamander is so cute! I'd have been tempted to keep him in my pocket! I loved your pictures!

Brenda said...

Great photos! Thank you for sharing the rambling through the woods. Seeing the fawn was a treat and that salamander sure is tiny. Do they get bigger or is it already full grown?

Feral Female said...

Glad you all enjoyed the photos!

I think they get bigger Brenda, at least, the ones I`ve seen have been bigger. He must have been a baby salamander! =)

Texan said...

Ditto great photos! We have a Mama deer and baby here as well :O).. So fun to see them.

Flat Creek Farm said...

I enjoyed this.. thanks! CanNOT get over the teensy tiny salamander. Wow! -Tammy