Thursday, May 13, 2010

Yellow atop blue

*~*~*~*

Beside the stream I lingered
My daughter at my side
We sat beneath the summer son
And watched the rippling tide




Between we two a bouquet sat
Dandelions freshly took
One by one the yellow gems
Met softly with the brook



The current gently bid the gem
Too far for us to see
Much like life will all too soon
Carry my child from me.

*~*~*

This is a poem I wrote to go along with some pictures my daughter took for her 4-H photography project. I hope you enjoy both the words and the images.

5 comments:

Brenda said...

Wow... this is beautiful! I have chill bumps from the depth of your images ... both words and photos.

This one needs to be published. Have you thought about publishing your work? You should!

houndstooth said...

That was beautifully done! I really like it!

Mister Oz said...

I agree. These words and pictures support each other in a moving way, well done!

For the Love of Dogs said...

That was so beautiful I went and got my husband to read! Thanks for sharing. I loved it!

Feral Female said...

Thanks much all!