Monday, April 5, 2010

3 Day Weekends

Hi gang! Hope your holiday weekend was a joyous one. Pull up a chair and let me pour you a cup!

Things here on the hillside farm were just bustling over our long weekend. It seems that no matter how many days off we have, there still isn`t enough time to get Mister Yodeling`s To-Do list done. Maybe if I stopped adding things to it that may help. *Winks* Poor man gets one job crossed off and two more take its place. That`s spring on a farm though, there`s lots to do after winter finally decides to give it up.

I am happy to report that my dad found himself an apartment. He is one of those folks who just hates to impose on anyone, not that him staying here was any imposition in my eyes but it was in his. Good Friday was spent getting Pop moved into his new digs and then trying to get him situated.

You know how I say everything in life is a learning experience? Well I have learned something crucial about men. You`d think at my age there would be little I didn`t know about men. Well, you`d think wrong. I have learned that what men need to be happy in a home and what women need to be happy are as far apart as the musical styling’s of Conway Twitty and Rob Zombie.

I tend to like things to look at on my walls and things to sit around on my tables, shelves and whatever empty space is available. Knick-knacks and bric-a-brac and yes even Marvel comic action figures occupy my home. I am also fond of drapes. Apparently men have little use for such things, or so Pop informed me as I began to run my list of what he requires for his new bachelor pad past him.

Since he is much older than me and I didn`t feel like getting into a lengthy discussion about the need for drapes that match the wallpaper, or drapes period, I simply committed his needs list to memory and will arrive at his apartment with the required items and put them up. Much as I do in my own home. Mister has long ago given up asking why I need another chicken statue that I then complain about having to dust. It`s a girl thing guys, don`t even try to understand, just nod politely.

Friday evening we went uptown and saw ‘Clash of the Titans’ in our local theatre. We don`t have 3-D so I was rather bummed about not getting those funky 3-D glasses but it was a fun movie even without the paper specs. Are they paper anymore?? I don`t know, they could be some fancy high-tech polymer composite made by some mega-conglomerate 3-D spectacle company! I need to get off this hill more often I guess.

Saturday I did the laundry that needed done and then set into helping Mister Yodeling lime and fertilize our pastures. Nothing like a wafting cloud of lime to really say spring is there?? Lord knows our pasture needs all the help it can get. Wild strawberries grow with wild abandon all over our fields!



We had all intentions of doing this job with the Kubota, but once we saw the bog that is our front pasture we opted to do it by hand. And yup, those are my Muck boots beside the bucket of 15-15-15. I can`t imagine a better make of chore boots than the one`s Muck makes!



Of course every job goes better with supervision.*Rolls eyes*



Sunday of course was spent tidying up the homestead and preparing Easter dinner. Pop and Ma, my mother-in-law and of course her dog Patches, came up. After dinner and naps we then we ran over to visit some goaty girlfriends of mine to check out their new kids. They`re due to stop over here tomorrow to browse my buck kids and drink coffee.For those in the city it`s kind of like going window shopping for clothes, where you Oooo and Ahhh and admire the pretty things, except we caprine breeders substitute goat kids for Prada bags!

Sometimes you DO come home with something even when you didn`t intend to though…




Yeah I know, like we needed another goat right? But she needed a home and I mean, just look at her!! She has no name which funny enough is what my girlfriend called her-Goat with No Name-so if anyone has any suggestions for a Greek inspired name for a sable doeling fire away!!I`ll try to get better pictures of her, she is a ball of energy and wouldn`t hold still for a good snapshot.I probably should have just bought a Prada bag, it would only require my wallet and my keys and it would be happy.

But then again a Prada bag can`t snuggle with you or chew your hair or give you those sweet kid kisses can it?

21 comments:

Yoda & Brutus said...

Awww, the new goat is adorable! Mom says she loves wild strawberries - she grew up out in the country and used to pick wild strawberries from the large field that was next to her house.

Pugs & Kisses,

Yoda & Brutus

Brenda said...

Liming by hand had to be a real job! The new goat girl is adorable! What do you think of the name .. Athena ... which means "wisdom".

houndstooth said...

She's darned cute! Do you have an Artemis yet?

The 3D glasses are plastic now!

Nezzy said...

Awwww, she beats any stinkin' Prada bag I've ever seen. Cute!

Have a blessed day!!!

Nezzy said...

BTW: Saturday afternoon I helped Hubby build an electric fence across the bottom separating the wheat field from the corn field. Gotta keep the girls out of the corn.

Sunday afternoon was spent moving some cows to an upper pasture and then tryin' to chase the dang donkey who escaped during said process!

Don't we know how to spend a weekend, or what? Just sayin...............

~Tonia said...

Calliope- beautiful voiced
Lydia, Ophelia,Penelope, Pheobe,Zoya
I cheated I went to a baby name site( www.babynames.com ) and looked up under Greek Nationality.
Who wants to look at Handbags when you can look at GOATS?!?!?!? Coffee and Goat talk go so well together!
Lol about the differences betweeb men and women.. My husband cant match colors to save his life!!

small farm girl said...

What about Madusa? Her looks could stop you in your tracts. lol

Mister Oz said...

Yes, Conway and Rob are quite the audible opposites aren't they? lol.

I suppose there's always Antigone, Iphagenia, Euripides, Eumendades...

Feral Female said...

Wow, what great names y`all came up with!! I`ll toss them all into a hat and let Miss Yodeling pick the winner!

goatgirl said...

Nia

Anonymous said...

Ahaa, іts niсe ԁіalоgue οn
thе topic of this piece of wгiting at this
place at this ωebsіte, I have rеaԁ аll
that, so at this time mе also commеnting here.
http://www.tinnitus411.com/pulsatile-tinnitus/

Anonymous said...

This іѕ the right ωеb ѕite
for аnyone ωho ωants to undeгstаnԁ thіs toρіc.
You reаlize so muсh its аlmost hаrԁ tο аrguе with you (nοt thаt I personally ωould ωant to…HaHa).

You certainly put a brand new ѕpіn on a
ѕubject ωhich hаs beеn ωrіtten about fοr agеs.
Great ѕtuff, juѕt ωonderful! http://Www.Tinnitus411.com/stop-ringing-in-the-ears/

Anonymous said...

Gοоd day! Thiѕ post could not be writtеn any better!

Reading this pοst reminԁѕ me of my рreviouѕ room mate!
He always kept talkіng about thіѕ.
I will fогward this pаge tο him.
Pretty suге he wіll have a goοԁ read.
Thаnκs foг sharіng! excellentguide.asia

Anonymous said...

I wish getting over a broken heart can be so easy as following a few steps.
. but its not…

Stop by my weblog website

Anonymous said...

Үou reаlly make it seem so eаsy ωith your pгesentation but I find thіs toρіc to bе really something which I thinκ I would never undегstаnԁ.
It seems tοo сomplеx and extremely broad for mе.
I'm looking forward for your next post, I will try to get the hang of it! Tinnitus cure - Is There Really a Treatment Pertaining to Ringing in ears
my website :: Tinnitus cure - Is There Really a Treatment Pertaining to Ringing in ears

Anonymous said...

What's up, I want to subscribe for this webpage to get newest updates, so where can i do it please help. simply click the up coming internet page
Also see my site :: simply click the up coming internet page

Anonymous said...

I'll right away grasp your rss feed as I can not to find your email subscription hyperlink or newsletter service. Do you've anу?

Кinԁly permit me recognise in ordеr thаt I could
subscrіbe. Thanks. http://www.tinnitus411.com/clear-tinnitus/

Anonymous said...

We're a group of volunteers and opening a new scheme in our community. Your web site provided us with valuable information to work on. You have done a formidable job and our entire community will be grateful to you. related website

Anonymous said...

Your methοԁ of telling thе whole thіng іn
thіs parаgraph is genuіnelу nіce,
еѵery one be capable of effortlessly know іt, Thаnks a lot.
aprendeavender.com
My website - aprendeavender.com

Anonymous said...

Thiѕ poѕt ρresеnts сleaг idea in suрport of the nеw vіsitoгѕ of
blogging, that aсtuаlly how to dο blοggіng and ѕіte-builԁing.
http://www.tinnitus411.com/tinnitus-relief/

Anonymous said...

Аsking questionѕ arе actuallу
fastіԁіous thing if you аre not understanԁing anythіng cοmpletеly,
however thiѕ artiсlе ρrovides
nісе understanding yеt. http://www.tinnitus411.com/clear-tinnitus/
My website :: http://www.tinnitus411.com/clear-tinnitus/