Saturday, March 20, 2010

A poem to welcome spring!




Love on a Pond


*~~~~*


Peep, peep, peep
Peep, peep, peep
Called little Johnny Jim

Peep, peep, peep
Peep, peep, peep
To bring his love to him

Peep, peep, peep
Peep, peep, peep
“I'm waiting here for you!”

Peep, peep, peep
Peep, peep, peep
Called back sweet Hester Sue

Peep, peep, peep
Peep, peep, peep
“My darling swim to me!”

Peep, peep, peep
Peep, peep, peep
“No darling, you to me!”

Peep, peep, peep
Peep, peep, peep
“Hester the ponds too wide!”

Peep, peep, peep
Peep, peep, peep
“Then hitch yourself a ride!”

Peep, peep, peep
Peep, peep, peep
“The turtle would eat me!”

Peep, peep, peep
Peep, peep, peep
“Oh Johnny honestly!!!”

Peep, peep, peep
Peep, peep, peep
“Hester what can I do!?”

Peep, peep, peep
Peep, peep, peep
“Our kids depend on you!”

Peep, peep, peep
Peep, peep, peep
That news did make him swim!

Peep, peep, peep
Peep, peep, peep
“Oh yes !!! Oh Johnny Jim!!!!”


*~*~*~*


Happy Spring from all us peepers here on the hillside farm!

5 comments:

houndstooth said...

That poem still makes me smile!

Brenda said...

Very cute! I can just picture them across the pond! My peepers are singing madly every night. I love the sounds of spring.

small farm girl said...

Too cute!!!!!

Feral Female said...

Thanks ladies! I actually heard my first peepers of this season Friday night!!

Mister Oz said...

Reminds me of that classic Conway & Loretta song "Louisianna Woman, Mississippi Man"

Gotta love Spring!