Friday, March 26, 2010

100 posts, 2 more goat kids, 1 inch of snow......

….and a partridge in a pear tree! *Giggles impishly*


I know what you`re thinking and yes I do need a bit more zombie nullifier this morning it seems. Or mayhap someone has laced my beloved java juice with goofy pills. Go ahead and say it since I know you`re thinking it. ‘Goofy pills would have no noticeable effect on you Feral’. Seems we`ve grown to know each other pretty well over the months don`t it?

One hundred posts. I have to admit when my dear friend nudged me to begin blogging I honestly didn`t think I had anything in my life, or goofy caffeine-rich comic-book filled mind, that could fill a hundred posts.

I stand corrected it seems. (Please do not tell Mister Yodeling I was wrong since I have him firmly convinced that I am never wrong about anything.)

I wanted to just express how much this blog and the blogging community has come to mean to me. I have grown to love this little corner of cyber-space greatly since I began this endeavor. I always feel as if I`m sitting down with dear buddies around my kitchen table as we sip that heavenly brew and chat away. My granny would have called it a ‘coffee clutch’ and perhaps it is.

I tend to think of my blog and the many wonderful friends I`ve made as more of a patchwork quilt of friendship-each of us sewing the panels of our lives together with strands of friendship that keep us warm at night.




Thank you all for the warmth.


Now let us move along before I get all weepy just like I do every time I watch Steel Magnolia`s or Ole Yeller. Don`t do it Travis!! Don`t get yer gun!!! Sorry, cinematic flashback there, I`ll be fine. * Takes long sip of coffee*

Yesterday afternoon we had yet another set of twins born on the hillside farm! This is Hades and Persephone (Hades is the one on the left.) They were both a little damp yet when this picture was taken so I`ll try to snap one of them dry and fluffy today if I can. Mama Felicia is doing wonderfully and the delivery was a snap. Three down, five to go!



And one last kick in the pants from Mother Nature it seems. This is what I awoke to this morning, an inch of fresh snow. I can hear the robin’s complaining already…‘How am I supposed to find a worm with THIS stuff on the ground!?' I was saying worse but I shall not repeat what I muttered this morning when I let the four dogs out, G rating and all.






Guess that concludes today round of caroling….unless someone wants to break into ‘Rockin` around the Christmas tree’?? I`m game!!

6 comments:

houndstooth said...

I assure you, your secret is safe with me! I knew you had a lot to say! The blogging community really is a fun one. :)

That's another pair of darned cute kids!

Brenda said...

Congratulations on the 100 posts and the twins! I had twins this morning too. My last Nubian finally delivered ... with a little help from me.

The friendships I have found in the blogging community has surprised me somewhat. I have to admit that I am now completely addicted to checking in on you and several others very frequently! I just have to know what's going on in your corner of the world.

Have a great day!

ShinesterTheFourHundredth said...

*an hour long gush* It's been rather nice, hasn't it?

Mister Oz said...

I'm honored to be part of "the clutch" Feral:-)

Big round of congrats for the births,
birthday(s) and the first milestone in posts (after the second one that is!)

goatgirl said...

I know exactly what you mean...about blogging. Happy 100 post!

Feral Female said...

Thanks all! It surely is a wonderful community and one I am very glad to have found!