Tuesday, February 16, 2010

From Feral`s Front Porch-2/16

Signs, signs, everywhere a sign to quote Five Man Electrical Band!


There have been 2 signs of the lengthening days I happened to be lucky enough to catch since yesterday. One was the gobble of a wild turkey when I was out and about doing morning chores. He was gobbling in responce to our`s gobbling and man oh day did Mr. Yodeling`s eyes light up when I told him about it!

The second sign of spring coming soon is this yearly ritual...



Yup, that`s a gander fight! My oldest pair Jack and Diane have already began seperating off from the others, and Jack lets no-one near her, especially his upstart son Lennie as we can see!

Just wanted to share a couple of indicators since as I sip my coffee and type this, more snow is falling outside. Spring is coming, the critters tell me so! =)

7 comments:

Yoda & Brutus said...

We are really looking forward to spring and warmer weather!

Pugs & Kisses,

Yoda & Brutus

Brenda said...

Spring has got to get here soon!! I think we should let the snow know that we're tired of it's season.

I guess the ganders in rut are as rough as the bucks in rut!

houndstooth said...

I'll take any sign of spring I can get!

Mister Oz said...

I'll second that Feral. Being out train track side much of this past week, I'm hearing birdsongs of Spring.

Casey said...

I hope they're right!

Feral Female said...

Sounds like everyone is more than ready for spring to arrive! =)

Laura said...

Hey I gave you an award on my blog, that was the first one I had ever gotten and I was supposed to pass it along but I have no real idea how to do that lol! If you want to pass it along save the picture of the award from my site. I love your blog!!