Thursday, December 3, 2009

Rural Ramblings 12/3





This snapshot is one that took me a bit to absorb. We found this discarded sap bucket when hubby and I were out rounding up archery treestands. At first I`ll admit I wasn`t impressed when my groom snapped the picture, but as I studied it somehow this old bucket became a kind of statement to me.

The sugar bush this bucket lies in is no longer tapped, the farm itself no longer farmed such as so many of our family farms seem to be. In a sad kind of way this photo seems to represent the decline of farming and the old ways to me. Another loss of a tradition and a small part of our farming heritage gone to the wayside.

3 comments:

~Tonia said...

I like it! Very true too....

houndstooth said...

Nice picture! Sadly true.

Flat Creek Farm said...

Absolutely... sad, but true! :-(