Sunday, November 1, 2009

Flu Shots

‘You look like an ad for death’-Benjamin Franklin `Hawkeye’ Pierce


Oh my good Dr. Pierce, no wonder you were always my favorite one among those wise cracking medics of the 4077th! Over the past four days did I not only LOOK like an ad for death, I felt like one as well. It was my turn to battle the flu bug that’s been sweeping across our county and the rest of the country.

My daughter had earned her stripes a week prior when she left school early Wednesday morning then spent four long days shaking and shivering on our couch. My good times set in exactly one week later when we were leaving Pizza Hut after dinner and my teeth began to rattle even though it was fifty degrees out that evening.

Since I was a bit too out of things to actually attempt to write a blog entry….well I did have two ideas while my brain lingered in the land of the lost and the heavily cough syruped…..

One was to tell you all how really beautiful that 18 carat sapphire and diamond square cut ring on HSN looked at 3:12 A.M….. The other was to relay how ruggedly handsome Worf the Klingon was when I found Star Trek-TNG on TBS at 2 in the morning with a fever of 103.7.

Yeah, scary as all heck ain`t it? Although Michel Dorn does have some dreamy eyes…Ahem. Anyway to avoid embarrassing myself with my odd realizations I decided to just show you a few shaky snapshots I took while I convalesced.



The above one is my coffee table and what I found to be my necessities for flu survival. Yours may differ of course, but littering the coffee/dining table you will find-My laptop, tissues, Advil, NyQuil, my thesaurus, last week`s comics and a spicy romance novel. Ignore the ducky statue wearing a necklace; I think that may have been some ancient Klingon ritual I tried to replicate while my brain seared. My coffee mug isn`t in the picture because Mr. Yodeling thought mixing caffeine with copious amounts of OTC medicine may make me loopy…. loopier.



This one overhead is a nice shot of my sick bed partners Tinker and Lu-Lu. Our black lab Trinity tried to wriggle her rather substantial backside in as well but I had to put my foot down somewhere! So she resigned herself to grabbing one my husband`s walking sneakers and then dropping it on my head as I dozed on the couch.



The last one is what I faced when I ate my lunch every day. This day I had slugged my way out to the kitchen and whipped up some Campbell`s Spongebob Squarepants chicken flavored soup. Mmm-Mmm good. He was saying this via mental discussions we had frequently…. ‘I know you THINK I`m begging from the sickly but I`m really only trying to save you from all the sodium in that soup. It could raise your fever you know!’



Or maybe my telepathic communication with a beagle was a direct result of OTC medicine and the cups of coffee I snuck during the day???

I didn`t think so either!

3 comments:

houndstooth said...

Awwww,it's no fun being sick! I'm glad you're starting to feel better!

Never underestimate the telepathic powers of dogs or cats!

small farm girl said...

I'm glad you are feeling better. It was nice of your pets to keep you company while you were sick. Or, maybe it's only the animals that can stand us when we are sick. lol

Feral Female said...

Thanks gals, I am feeling much better! Isn`t it something how our pets just seem to know when we need that little extra love and attention? =)